The solution has a relatively low chlorine content (100 PPM) but strong enough to kill viruses and bacteria. You will notice a faint chlorine smell comparable to the smell of a swimming pool. Our software works with electrolysis module to generate sufficient chlorine content automatically.
No, any salt can be used. The common kitchen salt molecule is NaCl. Salt gets dissolved in water (H2O) and with the use of electricity new hypochlorous acid molecules (HOCl) are formed. The concentration of the solution is expected to be 100PPM (particles per million) but this can vary 20 percent up or down depending on exact amount of salt used and the quality of your water.
The electrolyzed oxidizing technology to convert salty water into hypochlorous acid has been available for forty years, but it has been known mainly for industrial use. Hypochlorous acid has also been proven to be an effective disinfectant against the most common bacteria and viruses.
The solution produced by our product includes hypochlorous acid and hypochlorite, with effective chlorine content of 100 PPM (80 to 120 PPM to be more accurate depending on water quality and amount of salt used). We have several independent lab studies to confirm the effectiveness of the solution against 99.9% of known viruses and bacteria. Generally speaking, concentrations above 50 ppm are enough to kill viruses.
More recently, hypochlorous acid has been recognized and approved by government bodies such as US EPA as an effective disinfectant against viruses including Covid19. Aviair PureSense solution is currently being evaluated on performance against COVID-19, which is a relatively new mutating virus being strictly controlled.
Yes, we have several independent test results from reputable testing laboratories confirming that the product kills 99% (99.9% to be exact) of common virus, germs and bacteria.
PPM measures chlorine content. The PPM of Aviair PureSense is about 100 (80-120 PPM depending on water quality). Anything with chlorine content is proven to work as a disinfectant, with 50 considered minimum and 500 PPM considered high.
We don’t recommend more than 2 grams of salt as too much may yield more possible condensation of mineral buildups in the electrolysis module and also on sprayed surfaces. .
Aviair PureSense has been tested by reputable independent labs and regulatory bodies to confirm its effectiveness at eliminating 99% of major bacteria and viruses including:
Aviair PureSense is naturally more expensive than a single use disinfectant found in the market as it can be refilled multiple times and provides safety plus disinfection benefits. The product has high pay back if used regularly since the cost of making new solution is almost free. We estimate that the payback is achieved roughly after the 40 times the product is filled and used. Equally important, using PureSense ensures that fewer plastic bottles end up in landfills.
Aviair Pure range also has another SKU, Aviair PureEco, that costs less but uses the same technology and delivers the same benefit. The difference is in the nozzle spray (not semi-automatic) and the base which is not wireless.
Aviair PureSense can be used on multiple hard non-porous surfaces around the house or place of work, including:
Wood, plastic and metal surfaces
Mats and sport equipment
On non-porous material, it is advisable to wipe a few minutes after spraying the solution. (1 to 10 minutes depending on levels of contamination and texture of the surface).
However, it is also possible to spray and leave on porous material like fabric, couches, linen etc. Use common sense to dose the amounts of liquid sprayed in order not to soak the material.
Aviair PureSense is actually good value for money since the investment is only upfront. Instead of buying a new product when the bottle is empty, you can make your own refill anytime, anywhere with with only regular table salt and tap water.
Aviair Pure range however offers another more affordable product, Aviair PureEco that costs less but uses the same technology and delivers the same benefit. The difference is in the nozzle spray (not semi-automatic) and its base, which is not wireless.
As long as you use salt in the recommended dosage (one gram of salt per 400ml of water), you will get a liquid with low particles or chlorine content. This level of concentration is not visible nor harmful to clothes. However, wrong or high salt dosage may result in higher concentrations and may leave traces of salts or undissolved visible particles on clothes. For fabrics that are sensitive to stains, this would not be recommended. A good guideline is to use only on clothes suitable to go into a washing machine and avoid spraying on clothes that require only dry cleaning.
We have tested the solution on leather and wood inside a Mercedes Benz sedan. After 3, 5, 10 minutes then wiping off, we have not witnessed any discoloration on leather nor deterioration of wood coating. Self-declaration and test details are available.
While not an industrial product, Aviair PureSense can be use used in commercial settings, like schools, shops, banks, care homes, nurseries, retailers, hotels, restaurants and similar businesses. The payback is fast for these businesses since only water and salt is required to make the solution.
The flashing lights indicates that the device is not getting enough power. Ensure that the power adapter used is our enclosed 5V 2A adapter. If using the Iphone power adapter for example, it will be only 5V1A so not powerful enough.
If the light does not come on at all, it is possible that the USB connector to the power adaptor is loose or possibly that your power adaptor is defective
We have tested spraying money paper bills twice a day for six days now without wiping off. There was no discoloration or any noticeable damage to the notes. In some instances when the notes were soaked and dried, some salt residue accumulated but this can be wiped off easily.
By using Aviair PureSense, you are eliminating the need to purchase and dispose of more than a hundred plastic bottles a year.
Assuming a business or household uses 400 mls of Aviair PureSense per day x 365 days and comparing this with using one litter bottle per day, the savings will equate to 146 bottles per year.
It is estimated that only 5-10 % of the world's plastic is recycled, with more than 30% of it ending up in a landfill, and around one third in the oceans. Scientists estimate that a plastic bottle can take more than 500 years to degrade
The consumer warrantee is for one year. The product has been tested and performed well for 2,000 cycles which is roughly 5 years of using the product regularly. However, one year is the warranty period to consumers as we cannot control how the product is being handled and this duration is regarded as the standard in this sector.
In terms of how to manage defective returns, local distributors will assess if the claim is valid (i.e. that it is due to manufacturing defect and not due to damage caused by misuse, as per the instructions in the owner’s manual) log these claims using the serial number on the back of the bottle, and defective products will be replaced.
The wait time could vary between one to 10 minutes if the levels of contamination is high and the product has a porous surface. Afterwards, wipe off with a clean towel. The disinfection effect lasts up to six hours. It is generally accepted that the recommended contact time for common disinfectants ranges from 30 seconds to 10 minutes.
Hypochlorous acid hits hard against pathogens, yet it is 100 percent safe for humans, chemical free, non-toxic and all-natural. Other strong disinfectant agents, such as bleach for example, are available and can be wiped off faster. But bleach is highly irritating to the eyes, skin, and lungs—and inhalation over long periods could be carcinogenic. In contrast, hypochlorous acid has a temporary and mild chlorine smell that dissipates quickly, it is non-irritating, and it does not have poisonous side effects.
This product is designed for surfaces and objects.
This is, In fact, 90% of people won’t feel anything on their skin, As a precaution, we advise against people to use on themselves especially those with sensitive skin or problematic skin..